Truly Raw Almonds
These delicious, crunchy almonds are raw. They have not been treated with PPO gas or steam. They are natural, hulled almonds coming to us directly from the farm.
Creamy Maple Vanilla Almond Milk
It’s been on our mind for a while now to explain how to make your own almond milk at home. Problem was, it wasn't worth repeating; kind of “meh”. The taste was only so-so, and it kept coming out grainy.
We were using good ingredients but trying to strain the milk through a mesh strainer. Not exactly rich and creamy. More like thick and tolerable.
Our attempts to use cheesecloth were even messier. Click to continue reading Creamy Maple Vanilla Almond Milk Step By Step With Pictures...
- First, soak your almonds for 4 - 12 hours. Use plenty of water; at least 2 -3 times as much water as almonds.
- Then drain the soak water. You can use this if you like; it has nutrients in it or throw it out.
- Now rinse the almonds well and drain again.
- Place the almonds in an uncovered bowl in a warmish place (your kitchen counter should be the right temperature) to sprout for about 8 - 10 hours.
- Rinse and drain again.
- Put them back in their bowl on the counter for another 8 - 10 hours.